Our review for UNCANNA was generally good, but as usual, there is always room for improvement. UNCANNA takes pride in interacting with solid people in a positive environment and is known for political advocacy to span positive changes. The brand’s strongholds include bits of rigorous independent 3rd party tests in a cGMP-compliant, ISO-certified lab, using organic hemp to manufacture CBD products, having several discount programs, and using the two most extraction methods in the hemp space. Nonetheless, the brand has a long way to go, considering that two of the products we ordered and whose test results we checked posed higher CBD variances than the acceptable limit. Moreover, its product inventory is narrow and only includes isolates, capsules, tinctures, topicals, and pet items, leaving out edibles, which also form part of the mainstay CBD products. However, we appreciate that UNCANNA avails its products in the three formulations possible; THC-free, isolate-based, and full-spectrum CBD. Below is our full 2022 review for UNCANNA, and it helps you establish if the brand quite deserves your pence.
About the Company
According to its official website, UNCANNA prides itself in being the CBD brand that encourages interaction with solid people in a positive environment, fights for positive changes through political advocacy, and goes to every extent possible to give back to the community. It has multiple discount programs, including a 30% off all orders offered to the special categories, including seniors, fast responders, medical doctors, students, the physically challenged, and firefighters. Moreover, through the 2nd Chance K9 program, UNCANNA offers support to military personnel suffering from PSTD.
UNCANNA has many things to boast, including the $0.07 per mg CBD price point, well below the market average. Although the brand has a few products in its inventory, they are available in the three possible formulations; THC-free, full-spectrum, and isolate-based, taking in all CBD enthusiasts. Moreover, the 30% discount is a plus for the brand. As if that’s not enough, UNCANNA uses organic non-GMO hemp to manufacture all its CBD products, which is a plus, considering the controversies surrounding the genetic modification of organisms and consuming such organisms or products made from them. Moreover, all the hemp comes from Colorado farms, where sustainable organic farming practices are prioritized. Yet, the hemp is processed in an ISO-certified, cGMP-compliant lab where CBD oil is extracted in broad- and full-spectrum, and isolate-based CBD formulations.
The following specs are true to the UNCANNA CBD brand;
- Extracts available in full-spectrum, THC-free, and isolate-based formulation
- The brand employs two extraction methods, where it uses ethanol and CO2
- CBD extracts in the brand’s inventory include capsules, tinctures, topicals, and pet items but do not include edibles
- No free shipping
- The brand does not ship internationally
- A flat shipping fee of $3.99 applies
- The average price point for the brand’s products is $0.07 per mg CBD, well below the market average
- CBD products cost $35- $140
- Satisfaction money-back guarantee applies
- Multiple discount programs apply
- cGMP-compliant, ISO-certified lab facilities are used for 3rd party tests
- independent 3rd party tests examine product potency
- La results are posted on the centralized Lab Results hub for easy viewership
- Military veteran discounts are available
- The total CBD concentrations for various products range from 25 to 2500 mg
UNCANNA is a US legal, authorized hemp grower and processor, sourcing hemp from Colorado farms. The hemp plants herein are organic and non-GMO, which is appropriate because not every person is ethically comfortable with the genetic modification of organisms. Colorado farms practice sustainable organic farming that promotes environmental conservation and also allows no chance for chemical fertilizers, pesticides, and herbicides to find their way into the final product to compromise their safety.
The brand applies two extraction methods to strip CBD oil from the hemp surfaces and uses CO2 and ethanol for its processes. The two are the most popular extraction methods in the CBD space, with CO2 extraction being preferred for safety and efficiency. The resultant CBD extracts are available in the three possible formulations; isolate-based, THC-free, and full-spectrum CBD. Like many other CBD brands, UNCANNA uses MCT oil to further formulate its extracts, making them more bioavailable. The extracts are available in tinctures, capsules, topicals, and pet items but do not include CBD edibles, which are equally part of the CBD mainstays.
The next stage is independent 3rd party testing, a quality and control step CBD brands execute to ensure their products are potent and contaminant-free. Typically, 3rd party testing tests the THC and CBD potencies in the products and also examines them for purity for standard contaminants, including heavy metals, microbials, mycotoxins, residues, and solvents. UNCANNA currently tests its products for potency but does not run purity tests. The results of the tests are posted online of the centralized Lab Results hub and can also be located on the respective individual product pages.
Range of Products
UNCANNA does not have an elaborate CBD inventory and basically trades in the following products;
UNCANNA CBD Tinctures
UNCANNA offers CBD tinctures in the three possible formulations; isolate-based, full-, and broad-spectrum CBD, where the last two options guarantee full entourage effect with and without the psychoactive THC. The tinctures are available in flavored and unflavored options and feature 1000 or 2500 mg total CBD concentrations. However, the potencies vary and can be 33.33 or 83.33 mg/ml. The tinctures cost $75 to $10, posing a $0.05- $0.08 per mg CBD price points. Like most brands’ tinctures, UNCANNA tinctures are formulated with MCT oil to make them more bioavailable. The suggested instruction for use recommends oral and sublingual use, where one takes ½ or 1 dropper, which is about 1 ml.
UNCANNA CBD Softgels
UNCANA trades CBD softgels in isolate-based, full-spectrum, and THC-free formulations. Like other products in the brand’s inventory, the capsules are formulated with MCT oil to boost their bioavailability once they hit the system. They feature 750 and 1980 mg total CBD concentrations and have 25 or 33 mg CBD per unit potencies. The capsules cost $70 to $130, revealing an average price point of $0.05- $0.09 per mg CBD.
UNCANNA CBD Topicals
UNCANNA boasts a CBD topical line basically comprising salves. As with other brands in the inventory, the salves come in isolate-based, full-spectrum, and THC-free formulations, where the last two options guarantee full entourage effects. Moreover, they are formulated with MCT oil to boost product absorbability and make the cannabinoids more bioavailable when one uses them. What’s more, the topical products feature additional ingredients to make them smoothly applicable, and they are strictly used on the external part of the body. They cost $35 to $80 and pose a $0.08- $0.09 per mg CBD price point. Further instructions for use are available on the respective product pages, which also bear the test results found in the centralized Lab Results hub.
UNCANNA Pet Products
Do you have a furry friend? You can buy him UNCANNA’s tinctures available in the brand’s pet product line. The tinctures are currently available in full-spectrum formulations only. They come in a 30 ml bottle and feature a total of 600 mg CBD, translating to a 20 mg/ml potency. Moreover, they cost $45, which translates to a $0.08 per mg CBD potency. According to the website, the tinctures are not human-grade and specifically manufactured for animals. The product pages state that they are administered by weight, and further instructions on this are available on the product pages and the tincture labels. They are formulated with MCT oil to make them more bioavailable.
What We Like About the Company
We found the following pros or strongholds for the UNCANNA CBD brand;
- The brand is diligent about independent 3rd party tests
- Some items in the brand’s inventory passed potency tests
- The brand liaises with ISO-accredited, cGMP-complaint labs to conduct independent 3rd party tests
- Formulating CBD products with MCT oil makes them more absorbed and increases cannabinoid bioavailability once the products hit the system
- The test results can be viewed online on the centralized Lab Results hub
- UNCANNA uses non-GMO hemp to manufacture its products, and the very plants are cultivated sustainably and organically, allowing the highest safety standards
- The brand deals in all the three possible CBD formulations; isolate-based, broad-, and full-spectrum formulations, taking along all the CBD enthusiast
- Through the 2K9 program, the company supports military vets suffering from PSTD
- The brand boasts multiple discount programs that offer a 30% offer for fast responders, fire fighters, students, teachers, and medical personnel to appreciate them
What We Do Not Like About the Company
Despite having several strongholds, UNCANNA has its cons that act like the kinks, and only by straightening them will it make it up there in the CBD arena. The following are the brand’s lines of weaknesses;
- Although UNCANNA tests its products for THC and CBD potency, it does not conduct purity tests for standard contaminants like heavy metals, microbials, mycotoxins, residues, and solvents
- Some products, including the 1980 mg CBD softgel and the 1000 mg CBD pumpkin tinctures, passed CBD potency tests, having as high as 12.8% CBD variance, way above the 10% acceptable limit
- The brand’s CBD inventory is narrow and needs to be expanded since it basically comprises topicals, tinctures, pet items, and capsules
Our review for UNCANNA CBD brand was generally positive, considering that it upholds independent 3rd party testing, analyzing its products for CBD variance. It also uses non-GMO, organic hemp organically and sustainably grown in Colorado farms to manufacture its CBD products made from ethanol and CO2 extracted CBD. Moreover, the extraction happens in cGMP-compliant, ISO-accredited labs, ensuring the highest safety standards are observed throughout the cycle. What’s more, the brand has a program to support military vets suffering from PSTD and boasts a multi-discount program that offers teachers, seniors, students, the disabled, fast responders, and firefighters a 30% off all their orders. Still, the brand has its kinks, and boosting them will help it perform better. Its product inventory for CBD products is narrow and only includes topicals, tinctures, and capsules, leaving out edibles. Although the brand diligently conducts 3rd party tests, two of the products we ordered posed higher CBD variances, much higher than the 10% acceptable variance limit. Moreover, it currently does not test for standard contaminants like heavy metals, mycotoxins, microbials, residues, and solvents. Yet, these tenets are critical for product safety. As such, the brand has many areas to improve to establish an even larger loyal customer base and win a market reputation.