Half Day CBD was launched in 2019 and offers full-spectrum and isolate-based CBD items in gummies, tinctures, topicals, and hemp flowers. It manufactures its products in a cGMP-compliant facility using organic, non-GMO hemp from Illinois and all-natural ingredients. It employs the clean supercritical CO2 extraction method to separate CBD oil from the hemp surfaces and self-packages its items to ensure it has a hand throughout the cycle, from seed to sales. It 3rd party tests all items in its inventory for cannabinoid profile but does not focus on standard contaminants like heavy metals, microbials, mycotoxins, solvents, and residues, and the results are available on a centralized online hub. The company’s website offers information about the founders but not the team, and the FAQ section is somewhat shallow, with only five questions. It sells its products for $14.99- $149.99 and poses an average price point of $0.04- $0.06 per mg CBD for the 100- 3000 mg total CBD concentrated items. The company provides phone number and an email address under the Contact Us section that one can use to reach its customer care service desk. It ships domestically to the US states and offers free shipping for all orders worth $99 and above, and a 10% off applies to all orders. Besides, all first-time buyers are eligible for a 10% off, helping them save on purchases, and the company offers a 100% money-back guarantee lasting 30 days, during which dissatisfied clients can reach its customer care desk, file claims, and return items for refunds and exchanges. Does the company measure up well enough to deserve your pence through its products? This is our full 2022 review of Half Day CBD, and it answers the critical question.
About the Company
Half Day CBD calls itself the ‘All Farm No Pharma’ CBD brand because it claims to use organic, non-GMO hemp and all-natural ingredients to manufacture its CBD products. According to the Learn section> About Us link, the brand was founded in 2019 by Kam Norwood and Dave DiCosola, two brothers-in-law who happen to be good friends. They appreciated the purported therapeutic benefits of the cannabinoid and were moved to start a company that offers quality CBD products for affordable prices.
Half Day CBD deals in full-spectrum CBD items for a full entourage effect and CBD isolates for those who prefer pure CBD products. Currently, the company’s catalog comprises gummies, topicals, tinctures, and hemp flowers but does not have softgels and vape. The items cost $14.99- $149.99 and pose a $0.04- $0.06 per mg CBD price point, well within the market average. It sources all its hemp from Beecher IL, Macomb IL, and Pittsfield IL, in Illinois, cures them for months, and moves them to the Chicago GMP-compliant facilities for manufacturing through the clean supercritical CO2 extraction method that strips CBD oil from the hemp surfaces.
Like many CBD brands, Half Day CBD offers a money-back guarantee that lasts 30 days, during which dissatisfied clients can return damaged items and seek returns and exchange. It also offers free shipping to the US states for all orders worth $99 and above, and a 10% off applies to all first-time buyers. It 3rd party tests its items for CBD and THC potencies in liaison with modern independent labs, and results can be found on the centralized Batch Records hub under the Learn section of the website or at the bottom of the page. The Contact Us section includes a phone number and email address one can use to reach the brand’s customer care desk, and the site has a narrow FAQ page discussing five questions, including what CBD is, whether it works, and the high effect.
The following specs are true about the Half Day CBD brand;
- The brand deals in full-spectrum and isolate-based CBD products
- CBD extracts are available as tinctures, topicals, hemp flowers, and gummies
- The total CBD concentration in items ranges from 100 to 3000 mg
- The CBD products sell for $14.99- $149.99
- The average price point is $0.04- $0.06 per mg CBD, well within the market range
- Free shipping is offered for orders worth $99 and above
- All manufacturing activities happen in a GMP-compliant facility
- All hemp comes from Illinois, USA
- The clean supercritical CO2 extraction method is used to separate CBD oil from the hemp surfaces
- 3rd party testing for CBD and THC potencies
- A centralized hub for viewing lab reports
- A 10% off for first-time buyers
- No military veteran discounts
- A 30-day money-back guarantee applies
Half Day CBD is a legal, authorized grower and processor of American hemp sourced from Beecher IL, Pittsfield IL, and Macomb IL, in Illinois, USA. According to its website, it uses natural, organic, non-GMO hemp for manufacturing its CBD products, adding to their safety. It calls itself the All Farm No Pharma brand that utilizes all-natural ingredients for its CBD items. Once the hemp matures, it is harvested and cured by drying on-site for months. Meanwhile, the brand controls the moisture throughout, after which the dried and cured hemp is shipped to Chicago.
Half Day CBD uses the clean supercritical CO2 extraction method to strip CBD oil from the hemp surfaces. According to its website, the technique employs intense pressure and the right temperature conditions to cautiously squeeze out the oil, terpenes, and cannabinoids, leaving behind unwanted parts like waxes and chlorophyll. The resultant extracts are in full-spectrum and isolate-based formulations, allowing a full entourage effect and pure CBD, respectively. It uses all-natural ingredients to further formulate the extracts; hence it calls itself the All Farm No Pharma brand. All this happens in a cGMP-compliant facility, upholding the highest safety standards.
The next stage is 3rd party testing, a quality and control strategy the brand executes to ensure its clients know its products’ cannabinoid profile, including the THC and CBD potencies. It liaises with various modern labs for the tests, and the results are located on the centralized Batch Records hub under the Learn section for easy one-and-all viewership. The only issues are that the lab results lack batch numbers, making it hard to match orders with the results, and some test results are so old that they are outdated. It then bottles the extracts, ready to sell them.
Range of Products
Half Day CBD has a modest CBD product catalog comprising the following;
Half Day CBD Tinctures
The CBD tinctures are available in full-spectrum and isolate-based CBD formulations and feature 1000- 3000 mg CBD concentrations. They come in three potencies, 33.33, 66.67, and 100 mg/ml, and taste strongly mint. They sell for $79.99- $149.99 and pose a $0.04- $0.06 per mg CBD price point.
Half Day CBD Gummies
The gummies come in assortment of flavors and colors and feature two potencies; 25 or 100 mg/unit. They come in various CBD concentrations, ranging from 375 to 1000 mg. The smallest concentration (375 mg) has 15 gummies in the pack. They sell for $14.99- $49.99, posing a $0.04- $0.05 per mg CBD price point.
Half Day CBD Topicals
The brand also has a topical line that offers CBD lotions, balms, and salves. The cost $29.99- $49.99, posing a $0.06- $0.11 per mg CBD average price point. They come in 350- 500 mg CBD concentration and feature 5.83 or 8.33 mg/ml price points. They are strictly applied externally and not otherwise and feature full-spectrum formulations for a full entourage effect.
Half Day CBD Hemp Flower
The company also offers hemp buds and pre-rolls one would smoke. It sells them for anything between $12.99 and $15.99. The hemp flowers are also available for CBG versions and are isolated for the cannabinoid they offer. Additional information is provided on their pages. Unlike other products in the inventory, they have not undergone any extraction method.
What We Like About the Company
While reviewing the brans, we appreciated the following about it;
- Isolate-based CBD products are ideal for those hating on THC and its effect
- The brand diligently 3rd party tests its products and posts results on a centralized hub for an easy one-and-all viewership
- It uses organic, non-GMO hemp for manufacturing CBD products
- The brand uses only all-natural ingredients for its products
- It employs the clean supercritical CO2 extraction method to strip CBD oil from the hemp surfaces, avoiding attaching volatile solvents to the extracts
- The brand’s average price point of $0.04- $0.06 per mg CBD is within the market average, indicating affordability
- Free shipping for all orders worth $99 and above helps clients save on purchases
- All first-time buyers are eligible for a 10% off, helping them save on purchases
- The 30-day money-back guarantee allows dissatisfied clients to file claims and seek refunds and exchanges
- All manufacturing activities happen in a cGMP-compliant facility, upholding the highest safety standards
What We Do Not Like About the Company
Despite the many pros, the company has its cons, including the following;
- The $99 free shipping threshold is high and may not be attained by all who deserve it
- The company has a narrow product catalog lacking on some mainstream CBD items like softgels
- It does not offer broad-spectrum CBD items for a non-THC full entourage effect
- Apart from the founders, the web does not talk about who makes up the company’s team
- The lab tests do not feature standard contaminants, and the online lab results lack batch numbers, making it impossible to match them with orders
- Contact information is limited to an email address and phone number, but there is no chat feature on the brand’s website
Generally, we appreciated our review for Half Day CBD since it uses organic, non-GMO hemp and all-natural ingredients for manufacturing its products, employs the clean supercritical CO2 extraction method to strip CBD oil from the hemp surfaces, runs all manufacturing activities in a cGMP-compliant facility, self-packages and bottles its products, tests its items for cannabinoid profile and THC/CBD potency, avails the lab results on a centralized hub for easy viewership, offers a 10% off all sales for first-time buyers and free shipping for all orders worth $99 and above, and applies a 30-day money-back guarantee to all sales. Nonetheless, it has its kinks that it must improve to perform better on the hemp surface. Its lab test results lack batch numbers and leave out standard contaminants for purity, the catalog leaves out some mainstay CBD items, the free shipping threshold is high, and the website & FAQ link are not thoroughly informative.